Friday, October 18, 2013

The Stone from the Moon

Recently I've gotten extremely psyched on bouldering! This happens spontaneously every now and then and surprises me. A few weeks ago I was messing around on the most classic problem in Groom Creek, Moonstone. Moonstone is a beautiful aesthetic boulder problem that flows better than any boulder problem I have ever attempted. I had never stuck the crux move which is a hard lock off on the right crimp and a dynamic move to a really terrible crimp for the left hand. Then just the other day when I was joking around and messing with my friends I unexpectedly stuck the move. A doorway opened and my motivation sky rocketed, "I can do the move" this was a problem I thought I'd never be able to do until the conscious pathway was rerouted and showed me I could. A week later I came back to try the whole problem from the start…




Bouldering will get you strong, the perfect training but also the purest form of climbing, nothing but you and your movement on the rock. I think it should be appreciated for that context.

No comments:

Post a Comment